Monday, March 17, 2014

March 17

THE TIME IS FLYINGGGG.  I hit 7 months this week. We have transfers this week. I feel like I just got here with Hermana Jiménez!  I am sad to see her go.  She has become one of my best friends.  I thought I was here to bless her life, but she has been the blessing to mine.  I've learned a lot in this transfer.  How to be a better person, what I want from life, how to truly trust in the Lord.  I cannot mention all, but I am eternally grateful.  I suppose I could write pages about it, but this is sufficient for me. Today I read a talk by Elder Wirthlin entitled "Come What May, and Love it". How true it is.  Laugh today!
So, last Sunday, Hermana Jiménez and I were trying to help a family attach a chandelier to their light bulb.  We thought it was all great until the chandelier started rushing to the ground.  As it fell, they started screaming, and all I could think of was "The Phantom of the Opera, haha!  Luckily, this chandelier is made of plastic cups, so we didn't break it :)

One of our neighbors, Mary, has a dog named Snoopy.  Snoopy loves to follow Hermana Mary, and sometimes he even follows her into the church building!  It is an adventure to try to get him out again.

Monday, Hermana Jiménez wanted to straighten my hair.  That was one of the worst decisions of my mission. :) OH MAN I was dying of heat! Plus, it's so humid that I looked more like a lion than a person.  And, I was sweating so much, my hair turned curly again real quick, hahaha!  Welp, never doing that again!!

In other exciting news, I got to go to Immigration this week.  I shall soon have my residency and officially be a catracha! 

Wednesday, we went to teach one of our investigators, Oscar.  As we began praying, the power went out.  Dang Lucifer!  Oh well, we kept teaching anyways.  And it was incredible.  Oscar is so prepared and searching for the truth.  As we were talking, he said, "If I had to tell someone if the Book of Mormon is true or not, I would say it's true.  No.  I testify to you right now that I know that this book is of God".  Wow. He's incredible.

Friday, our ward had a celebration of the anniversary of the Relief Society and Father's Day!  In Honduras, Father's Day is on March 19th.  We had a little program, and I sang "Scarlet Ribbons", since Grandpa Behunin would sing it as a lullaby to me.  

Saturday, we went out in the morning to work as normal, but Hermana Jiménez got sick in the afternoon.  We called the elders for a blessing and then I helped Hermana Jiménez make it to Hermana Nubia's house so she could receive the blessing.  It took a lot of effort to get her there, so we stayed at her house for the afternoon.  While Hermana Jiménez slept, I left with Gladys to visit Oscar again.  The power didn't go out (thank goodness!)
and we explained a bit more of the gospel.  He says he is waiting for his answer because when he receives it, he plans to leave everything behind to be part of the true church.  We are grateful to work with him.

Sunday, we had a Stake Conference!  It was a broadcast from Salt Lake City to stakes in Central America, and it was incredible!!  It focused a lot on the family and how we can strengthen our own families through FHE, prayer, the scriptures, tithing, and church attendence.  Elder Marino, Elder Richard G. Scott, Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson and Elder Dallin H.Oaks spoke.  Elder Scott spoke on the atonement, and he spoke in Spanish!!  I had no idea that he speaks Spanish!! I was pretty excited. I could feel the spirit testify to me during the conference of the veracity of this church.  It is perfect.  We, as members, are not, but the structure and direction are.  

We had the chance to talk with a part-member, less-active family, and their daughter wants to get baptized!  YAYYYYY!!

Today, we just washed clothes and cleaned the house, pretty boring. :)

LOVE YOU ALLL!!!

Love,
Hermana Grondel :)

P.S., As I was sitting here, a little girl came up and started talking to me.  She asked why I speak Spanish so strangely. I explained that I am learning how to speak spanish, so I can't say things as well as she can.  She then said, "I'm going to teach you how to speak Spanish" and proceeded to teach me how to say things to say good-bye and tell my companion that I love her.  SO CUTEEEE! :)
Hermana Jiménez and I walking to the bus that would take us to conference.


ON the bus with Hermana Alicia!

Hermana Reyes y Yo at the conference

Eating lunch today

Okay, something funny about Honduras.  It doesn't matter what kind of cereal it is, they call all cereal cornflakes, but when they say it, it sounds more like conflay (confle)  I saw this as a flavor :)

No comments:

Post a Comment