Monday, March 31, 2014

HOT.

Wow.  I had no idea I could sweat so much!  It has been quite toasty and humid here in Puerto!  Hermana Luna and I have been super grateful for pulperias that sell us bags of ice cold water, ahaha!

Well, I do not have much time to write today, so this will be a short one.  This week has been all over the place.  Being Senior Companion is a bit stressful, haha!  Thankfully, I've got Sister Luna by my side!  She always has ideas and is so willing to do whatever it takes to help the people here.  Truly, she is an example.  She has had some medical issues in the mission, including nerve pain in one of her legs that makes it hard for her to walk, but she refuses  to let that stop her.  She throws herself into this work and completely forgets herself.  

Thursday, we walked into our weekly meeting with the ward council only to learn that President and Sister Dester were on their way to our meeting.  WHAT?!  Well, when they arrived, Hermana Luna and I had just started giving our report.  I was SOOOO nervous.  Well, we made it through and went back to the house.  Friday morning, I was feeling pretty stressed.  Between the meeting the night before, some problems we have had with our landlady, and other difficulties, I was sitting in personal study searching for some comfort from the scriptures.  I had been praying and was reading about how the Lord answers prayers, but they didn't give me the same comfort I usually received.  As I was despairing a bit, the phone rang.  It was President Dester.  He just wanted to call me and say that he and his wife were so impressed with my Spanish and my handle on the area that they observed from the meeting the night before.  After a few other sweet things, I hung up and began to cry.  It was truly a tender mercy from the Lord, and it confirmed my testimony that the Lord truly answers prayers.  

Saturday, we had the special opportunity to participate in a Mini CCM to encourage the young men and young women to go on their missions!  Hermana Luna and I taught about The Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  It was a blast!  The spirit was so strong the whole day.  

Today, we just went to San Ignacio again.  It was fun, especially because Hermana Luna had never been to the beach before!   

Anyhoo,  I LOVE YOU BUNCHES!!!

Love,
Hermana Grondel
At the Mini CCM

Our lovely drawings explaining the Restoration

Just chilling at the beach

I love the ocean!

No comments:

Post a Comment