Monday, April 7, 2014

General Conference Take 2

So I'm sure everyone is talking about conference, but just to add one more voice, CONFERENCE IS AWESOMEEEEE. And I was SUPER feliz because I understood the majority of conference!  Conference in October happened to fall on my very first Sunday in Honduras, so my ability to speak spanish was at about .005%.  Not the best.  But this time, I felt as though I could really enjoy conference and receive inspiration.  It was lovely :)  Plus, I learned that if a general authority already speaks spanish, he records it before and they use the recording of their voice, not a translator, in the conference.  That was pretty sweet!  Elder Scott, Elder Amado, and one other spoke in Spanish. :)
So, the John's went home this week.  I miss them.  But Tuesday, I received the lovely surprise of a package from Sister John filled with things she didn't want to take home with her from the mission, hahaha!  It was the sweetest thing ever.  I hope to find her address so I can write her a great big THANK YOU!  They are the greatest.  I'm glad they live in the states so there is a chance I will see them again. :)  I love them so.
Here in Puerto, we are trying to drink as much water as possible because the Sun just beats down. 
and supposedly it is going to get even worse.  I think I am going to cave and start using an umbrella.  I'm not a fan of them because people then think we are Jehovah's Witnesses.  They are great, great people, but people already mix us up without the umbrellas, hahaha :)
Well, this week we have been trying to work hard and bring people to Christ.  The Lord is always blessing us, even when we don't realize it until later.  I feel like the Lord is trying to teaching me patience in long-suffering.  It has been a bit rough to see the success of the elders in our ward and wonder where our miracles are, but I have been reminded that this isn't our work.  This is the Lord's work.  We just need to trust in Him.  Sometimes, I wonder why I came on a mission, and the truth is, I'm not sure.  I just felt so strongly in my heart the desire to come and serve the Lord, so here I am.  And I love it. Yes, it's hard.  Yes, I have bad days.  Yes, sometimes I wonder if anyone will make it through.  But I love it.  At the end of the day, I am happy to be here, serving the Lord.  I have felt closer to the Lord here than ever before.  I am beginning to understand the reality of our Savior.  It isn't just an idea or a fairytale.  He is so very real.  And I know it.  I know the church is true, and I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God here on the Earth.  I love you all so much and desire the same knowledge and faith for each of you.
LOVE,
Hermana Grondel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment