Monday, April 28, 2014

His Promises are Sure

Hey there.

So.  Another week has come and gone, and I am once more sitting in front of a computer in an internet cafe trying to remember what happened this week, hahaha.  But seriously.  The week's are flying by so fast I can never remember what has happened!

The first part of this week was ROUGH.  Appointments fell through, we had trouble walking, the sun was incredibly strong, we went all the way to San Pedro (a trip of 1.5 to 2 hours) for a cancelled activity (we did not know it had been canceled), struggled to reach our goals for the week, and were practically chased down by an angry, drunk man who we think wanted money.  BUT I have learned for myself that the experience in Alma 26:27 can happen to anyone:

27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about toaturn back, behold, the Lord bcomforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with cpatience thinedafflictions, and I will give unto you success.

Sunday was incredible and worth every difficulty.  Tiarra, the daughter of Yolani, came to church!! AND SHE LOVED IT.  We also saw other less active members come, and Sacrament Meeting was simply incredible.  I know this church is true!  Tiarra and her mom are on fire with love of the gospel.  Last night, we went to their house and watched "Together Forever".  When we finished and asked them how they felt, Hermana Yolani looked at us and said, "I remember.  I remember watching this video with the elders, and I remember why I got baptized.  And I am going to be baptized again."  They are golden, and I love them so very much. The Lord has given us success, and I know He will always bless us for our obedience.

Funny Story: Saturday we went to visit an investigator and found out that they needed help carrying some wood to their house.  So we went with them to a field.  Well, cows had come directly where the wood was.  As we were contemplating what to do, I let out a "Mooooooo" and the cows moved!!  Wow guys, the gift of tongues exists! :)

Well, I love you all a whole bunch. :)

LOVE;
Hermana Grondel :)
You gotta find some fun in life.  Like soap bottles shaped like minions

My scripture case from Mexico came!!
Oh, and elders can use my shoes.  Cuz I have big feet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment