Monday, May 5, 2014

Howdy family dear!!

This week was transfers, but I am still in Puerto with Hermana Luna!  We were jumping up and down and screaming when we found out we would still be companions.  Our neighbor thought her dog had gotten loose and that we were screaming out of fear, hahahaha :)

Wednesday, we had the chance to do some service for an investigator.  We were moving dirt to level out a piece of land where they have started building a house.  I was so excited because normally when we offer to do things like that, everyone protests, saying that it is the work of men. Well, Girls can too!

Other funny story: Friday, we were visiting some people with the elders, and we taught in the home of a less-active member.  Well, we prepared to sing a song, and Hermana Luna was trying to lend her hymnbook to one of the elders, but he was distracted.  So, Hermana Luna pretended to throw her hymnbook at him and declared "RECIBELO!!" (Receive it!!) It was hilarious.

One of our investigators is named Javier.  Javier has learned a lot about the church, but he has many doubts.  As we were teaching him this week, he presented us with a series of his doubts.  We began with his first doubt.  As we finished explaining, we testified of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, that all of his doubts could be answered by reading and praying about this inspired book.  I then began to address his second doubt, but he stopped me, saying he didn't need to have it explained.  He felt that his doubt wasn't important, and wanted to read and pray more.  This book changes lives.  It is my absolute favorite book.  I love many, many books, and I have read more than I can count, but none has changed my life so profoundly as The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ has done.  I treasure the words and experiences and testimonies that it contains, and I know it is true.  Every time I read its pages, I feel it firmly in my heart, and I cannot deny it. Together, with the Holy Bible, they contain the complete fulness of the Lord's gospel. 

Saturday, we had a powerful lesson with our investigators Yolani, Tiara y Rodolfo.  Tiara told me it was what I had said that made her believe that our message is true.  I know it is true. It is hard when people deny it, or when people who were once members have left this gospel behind for another.  It makes my heart ache to know they are rejecting eternal blessings.  But it cannot tear down my testimony.  Recently, I was listening to the General Conference talk by Elder Andersen, "Spiritual Whirlwinds".  I am so grateful for present-day apostles and prophets who lead and guide us through the whirlwinds of the devil.  I know our Savior lives.  I know His return is soon, and I know we must prepare everyday to meet Him.

Well, I sure do love you all!!!

LOVE,
Hermana Grondel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment