Monday, April 21, 2014

Feliz Semana Santa!

Well, This week has been an adventure!! Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, almost all the businesses were closed because nearly everyone was at the beach.  Hermana Luna and I had to use all our will power to not go run into the beach and enjoy the ocean as well, hahaha. :)

Tuesday, we had the lovely chance to have interviews with President Dester. Okay, I know I say it so much, but I really love Presidente y Hermana Dester.  They are chosen, righteous, incredible people, and I am eternally grateful for them.  In my interview, I know the words he spoke were intended especially for me, and sweet and special message from my Savior.

In other news, this week I have been learning the importance of always listening to the Spirit.  He will protect us from danger, both spiritual and physical.  He will also guide us to do what is right.  Saturday, some of our lessons fell through, and I felt like we should go visit an investigator that we had stopped teaching because she wasn't progressing.  On our way there, Hermana Luna had the strong impression to stop and chat with a group of young people outside of a pulperia (street shop).  Well, one of them says "Me llamo Nefi".  "...es miembro?"  "Si!"  He is a less active that wants to come back, and we met some new investigators.  As we were chatting with them, Christopher, the son of a less active family, ran up to us to tell us that they had moved houses.  Well, we decided to directly go and visit his family in their new house.  There, we met a woman and her son who were also visiting this family.  As we begun speaking of the gospel, she began crying, saying we were the first ones to talk about the gospel with her since her house burned down a year ago.  She had been yearning for peace.  She is so prepared for this gospel.  We never made it to that other investigator, but I know that we did what the Lord wanted that day.

Friday. I learned how to do yard work with a machete.  Watch out world!!  It is incredibly diverting.  In the process, I also learned how to sharpen a machete.  Does anyone know if machetes are allowed in checked baggage?

So, remember the investigator, Yolani, who lost her memory?  Well, she and her children want to get baptized!!  Now we just need to help her husband progress as well!  We feel very blessed and delighted to teach them and help them progress.

Guys, the Priesthood power is real.  I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ know each and every one of us personally.  Their love is real and everlasting.  It does not have limits.  It does not have requirements.  It is always available to us, no matter what.  It does not change. And most of all, it does not fail.

I love you all more than words can describe.  Thank you for your support, love, and prayers.

LOVE,
Hermana Grondel :)

P.S., so sorry, I cannot send pictures this week.  Hopefully next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment