Monday, February 16, 2015


I think I have started this email at least 4 o 5 times today.  I don't know where to begin!!  I suppose with what has happened this week. 

Saturday, we had Una Gran Feria!  As a missionary/branch activity, we set up several games, made popcorn, cut watermelon, gave out candy, and had a LOT of laughs.  It was SO much fun, and it was a success!  Although, it didn't start out that way.  But every time I began to worry, I felt a sure inner peace.  Long story short, Friday we decided to fast so it would be a beautiful day and all would work out well (since weather in Honduras can be a little unpredictable).  It rained Friday night.  I woke up several times in the night only to hear rain on the rooftops.  It was cloudy Saturday morning.  It was drizzling.  But we kept the faith.  When we finished our fast and went outside to head out to the church to start setting things up, there were clouds in every direction.  Except for a squarish shaped opening of clear, beautiful blue sky - right above the chapel.  It was such a clear witness to me that God had heard our prayers, that He loves us, and that He was pleased with the activity we had planned.  How grateful I am for the Lord, for fasting, for prayer! I know that God listens to His children, when they speak in faith.  More than anything, for the chance I have to learn more from Him every day.

Sunday was crazy.  But beautiful.  Hermana Avila and I sang a duet in Sacrament Meeting, "Más Cerca Dios de Tí".  It was beautiful.  I played the keyboard for the last time. In Relief Society, someone mentioned that it was my last Sunday, and they made me stand up to share something with them.  Oh, I was filled with so much love looking at mis hermanas hondureñas. Cuánto les extrañaré!

En la tarde, we got to meet many wonderful new people.  All day, I could feel so strongly the love God has for His children - wherever they may be, whatever they may be doing, He loves them.  He loves us!  He loves YOU! :)

I feel so much gratitude in my heart.  This mission experience has changed me, and it changes me every day.  How grateful I am for the chance to serve the Lord as a servant in the vineyard.  Where he has invited me to work at His side that I may become more like Him.

There are so many things running through my mind and emotions in my heart, but I suppose they will have to wait.  I've still got people to serve.

I love you all, so, so much.

¡Cuídense!

LOVELOVELOVE,
Hermana Grondel

Celebrating Valentine's Day with my favorite - ice cream! :)




1 comment: