Wednesday, December 18, 2013

First Cambios!

Well, another week has come and gone!  I know it should be nearly Christmas, but with all this heat, I cannot believe it is December!

This week, we had transfers!  Hermana Vasquez has been moved to Choloma, and I am still in El Bosque with Hermana Porter, from West Jordan, Utah.  She has been in the mission for 5 months.  We are trying to talk in Spanish as much as possible so we can improve.  It is weird to have a gringa companion again, haha! I am also a bit worried about my Spanish.  I hope I can continue to improve and don't regress too much.  Having a native speaker made such a difference for me.  But, I love Hermana Porter!  She is a sweetheart and we get along great.  

We feel like we are on the brink of something incredible.  I know we are going to see miracles here in this area.  

So, when we have transfers, we have a special Zone meeting and we write in each other's notebooks.  Something that Hermana Marley started that I love is writing in eachother's hymnals next to our favorite hymn, just a small note.  Well, Hna Vasquez wrote in mine before she left.  What I did not know is that she wrote next to two hymns.  I saw that she had written next to "All Creatures of our God and King", and I thought that was it.  So, during one of our lessons, we opened our hymnals to sing "Our Savior's Love" when I saw Hermana Vasquez's familiar writing.  She wrote such a sweet little message.  In our lesson, Hna Porter started talking about how we are never alone.  With a reminder from her and from Hermana Vasquez, I felt the Savior's love and knew that I am never going to be alone.  He will always be there to strengthen and love us.

Yesterday, we had Stake Conference! And they split the stake!  So Elder Amado, Area President, came and spoke along with one of his counselors.  It was an incredible day.  President and Sister Dester (the Mission president and his wife) also spoke.  Many talked about what we can give to Christ this Christmas.  I loved it.  The sad/happy part is our branch president has been called to serve in the Stake presidency, so we will be seeing changes in our branch!  But I know the Lord has a plan for us and will help us to improve :)  One thing that a speaker said is "We should be incurable optimists".  I love that!  We have Christ on our side, and we will make it someday, so why not today?  And if not today, then tomorrow!  it reminds me of a talk from General Conference a few years back that says "Our God will deliver us from ridicule and persecution, but if not. … Our God will deliver us from sickness and disease, but if not … . He will deliver us from loneliness, depression, or fear, but if not. … Our God will deliver us from threats, accusations, and insecurity, but if not. … He will deliver us from death or impairment of loved ones, but if not, … we will trust in the Lord.

Our God will see that we receive justice and fairness, but if not. … He will make sure that we are loved and recognized, but if not. … We will receive a perfect companion and righteous and obedient children, but if not, … we will have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, knowing that if we do all we can do, we will, in His time and in His way, be delivered and receive all that He has."   -Elder Dennis E. Simmons

Oh, and I was sick one day this week, not fun.  But I am totally fine now! 

Funny story:
We were searching for a street contact when we ran into about 4 dogs, but they were not very big and still looked a bit like puppies, so I wasn't scared of them, but they were barking up a storm!  As we went for another house, one of them kind of bit Hna Porter!  It didn't break the skin, just scratched her a bit, but she screamed, more out of surprise than fear.  Then she pulled out bread to feed them.  I said, "No!  Now they're going to follow us!" and she said, "I don't want to be food for the dogs! Quick! Distraction! Run!"  It was SO funny.

Well, I love you all so much and hope this letter finds you "merry and bright!" :)

LOVE,
Hermana Grondel :)

This is on the back of one of the notebooks here, haha!
I don't think Hermana Vasquez knew what this was for :)
Hna Robertson and Elder Wing from my district en el CCM!
Me and my new compañera!

No comments:

Post a Comment