Tuesday, January 21, 2014

It's a Monday...

Howdy.  How are you all doing?  I'm doing pretty well here. :)

Tuesday, we had interviews with President Dester.  I love my mission president so stinkin' much!  He said some things that really lifted my spirits.  Hermana Porter and I were the last two to have interviews, and then we were walking back to our area.  Well, we were laden down with a box full of copies of El Libro de Mormón and a supeeeerrrrr awesome package from my supppeeerrrr awesome family!  As we were walking, President passed by and asked if we wanted a ride to our neighborhood.  As we climbed in, the other elders realized we were carrying these boxes.  One of them said, "whoa, you were carrying this box of LdMs? Dang Hermana Grondel, you're....strong..."  No one believes me when I tell them I am strong!  Elder John, other elders, investigators, pucha, I just want to help carry stuff and they say "oh no, it's heavy"  And then I carry it and I'm like, this isn't that bad...  Okay, enough pride for one letter, perdonen me :)

THANK YOU SO VERY, VERY much for the package!  The week before, I was thinking all I really want is some of Grandma Del's fudge and Sour Patch Watermelons.  And I got both!  When I opened the package, I screamed when I saw the Watermelons, I was so excited.  As I was exploring the package más, I encountered the fudge and screamed even louder because I was even more excited!!  Well, I scared the neighbors.  The daughter of our Landlady stopped by to see if everything was alright because they heard my screams and thought something had happend.  So funny.  The shirt is beautiful.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I love it a ton.  Hermana Porter and I have enjoyed the candy (I think most of it is already gone) and I love using the earrings and headbands!  My two favorite accessories!!!

Well, we had exchanges this week with the sister training leaders.  I got to go to Castaños and work with Hermana Morales.  It was something absolutely incredible.  We also had a super funny experience.  We stopped by a menos activo, and Hna. Morales y yo needed to use the bathroom.  They led us outside (it was dark at this point) to a couple of ropes with some blankets hanging down from them.  We were both a bit scared to enter.  When I entered, I found just a toilet bowl, without a seat, with a giant pipe leading away from it to I don't know where.  As I was relieving myself, I also discovered I was sharing this space with a hen and her chicks.  Quite the experience!  The following morning in companionship study, she was talking about the resurrection from Alma 40 y 41, how wicked won't be changed to righteous, and she was talking about our thoughts.  I always thought about wicked people won't suddenly become good, but I never thought about how we will still have the same thoughts, good or bad in the resurrection.  It made me want to be better, starting with how I show love to my companion.  We have had an awesome week.  

Saturday, we went out and tore it up!  We are being so blessed in our area.  Sunday, we saw 7 investigators in our rama in Sacrament Meeting. WHAT A BLESSINGGGGGG!!!!!!  

Today, we went to the Cascadas again, where we went my first P-day!  It was awesome!!  But also a bit strange.  

Well, I am out of time, but I love you all so very, very much!

LOVE,
Hermana Grondel :)

Opening the package

Yay!
 
Everything got here safe and sound.

SO HAPPY!

Not the best picture, I will take a better one this week :)

Hermana Porter reached 6 months, so we tried to burn some socks.  It didn't work so well.

Still beautiful :)




Just enjoying my caffeine free diet coke

Hna Porter found a heart in her chicken nuggets!


We had a little too much fun with the rocks.  This is Ariel, from the Little Mermaid.

And Simba (Lion King) :)

1 comment:

  1. She is an amazing human being. Simply FULL of life. I love her!

    ReplyDelete