Monday, January 27, 2014

MY FIRST BAPTISM

OH MY GOODNESSSSSSSSSS.  I feel so complete as a missionary.  I had the privilege of seeing one of our investigators get baptized this past Saturday!  To be honest, I didn't want to tell you guys about the possibility earlier because I was afraid it would somehow disappear as with many of our other possibilities.  But it happened, it happened!  If I were to break my femur tomorrow, I would be happy!  Well, no, that's not true.  I would really like to finish my mission without interruptions, but life happens.  Anyway, let's start at the beginning of the week and work our way forward.

Tuesday, we had divisiones again!  This time, I went to Fesitranh, which is in our zone, to be companions with sister Bahr, and Hermana Whittle was in El Bosque con mi compañera, Hna. Porter.  Oh. My. Goodness.  It was the best division everrrr!  We were laughing so hard the entire time, had some awesome lessons, and we learned a lot from each other.  I reallllyyyy hope we are companions one day.

Wednesday, we started teaching a new investigator who is super pilas!  His name is Daniel, and he is currently dating the daughter of one of the families in the ward.  BUT he is truly interested for himself, not just for her :)  We also had the chance to teach an investigator named Brenda, who as well is progressing very well.  

Thursday was CRAZY!  We had a lesson with Julisa, Elizabeth, and Jaline.  Elizabeth and Jaline are sisters, and Julisa is their aunt.  Julisa was a reference from her sister, who is the stake relief society president.  In our first lesson (about 2 weeks ago), they were all super prepared.  We invited Elizabeth and Julisa to get baptized on the 25th of January, and they accepted.  Jaline did not feel so sure.  She said she wanted to be sure because if she gets baptized, she wants to continue progressing, not just get baptized and drop it.  Well, we were working like crazy people with them to be ready for this date.  Thursday, Julisa and Elizabeth said they want to get baptized, but not the 25th. End of story.  But Jaline said she finally received her answer!  And what an answer it was.  She was praying for an answer about the baptismal date, and then was flipping through the BoM with her eyes closed, opened it to a random page, and read the first verse she saw, 3 Nefi 11:27 And after this manner shall ye abaptize in my name; for behold, verily I say unto you, that the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost are bone; and I am in the Father, and the Father in me, and the Father and I are one.   She then offered a prayer of thanks and asked if the Book of Mormon is true.  She then read verse 28, And according as I have commanded you thus shall ye baptize. And there shall be no adisputations among you, as there have hitherto been; neither shall there be disputations among you concerning the points of my doctrine, as there have hitherto been. She felt so impressed.  She said "I knew I wanted an answer, but I didn't think I'd get such a great one!  She is seriously incredible, and more than ready for this. She even said she wants to serve a mission!!!! YAY! :)  After that super awesome experience and lesson, we had to go to get some lunch.  Well, we were running late, and I felt like a chicken with its head cut off.  We were trying to get lunch and then I had to run and get my tag (I forgot it that morning) and then we were trying to get a bus or taxi to get to a meeting, and Hna. Porter completely biffed it.  It looked so painful, I thought she was unconscious for a second.  But she is completely fine.  It was quite an adventure.  We were rushing to a meeting of our mission and the east mission.  Elder Soares, from the presidency of the seventy, came and spoke to us, along with Elder Ochoa and their wives.  It was incredible.  And definitely a "I need to be better" conference.  I love Presidente Dester so much.  Just a side note. 

Saturday was another crazy day.  We had a lesson with our investigator who we thought we had lost, Gabriel.  We made cookies, had another INCREDIBLE lesson with Daniel, who agreed to be baptized on the 15th of January, and we had A BAPTISM!!!  Jaline looked beautiful, and all of her sisters, her aunt, and her grandmother came to support her.  She even dressed in all white.  After one of the lessons, she said we are like cousins to her, and that she will never forget us.  I will never forget her.

Sunday was lovely :)  We had a FHE with one family that then fed us Banana Pancakes!  Shout out to Nicholas and Jack Johnson!  While we were eating, my companion started singing the song, haha!

This morning, we went and helped paint a house.  It was awesome. :)  Well, I love you all so very, very, very, much!!!!  May you always remember how much our Savior and our Heavenly Father love you.  They will never fail you.  They will never stop loving you, no matter what.  

LOVE,
Hermana Grondel

We ate some really small bananas

Michael (who performed the baptism), Me, Hna. porter, Paola (her husband is on the left), Jaline, her grandmother, Elizabeth, and Julisa

We took a lot of photos

I am the king of the Rock! (Mulan)
Turtle crossing sign :)

Us with the elders and their bautismo

Elder Wing and I at the Conference


This picture is better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment