Monday, June 23, 2014

MUNDIAL

Pues.

Just another week working and sweating and enjoying good ol' Honduras!!

El fiebre de Mundial has overtaken the country, and us too!  Last Sunday, we had to stay inside for a couple hours because Honduras was playing.  Friday, we only worked until 4 and then stayed inside for the rest of the day for the same reason.  It gets a bit crazy here during futbol games.  So, we received permission to watch ONE soccer match of the world cup, and it had to be on a Monday, so this morning we watched Holland vs. Chile.  OHhhhhh man, it was so intense!!  This morning we bought Soccer jerseys to use during the game.  I was rooting for my roots, and they did not disappoint!!  HOLANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!! They won 2 - 0.  My jersey, which is from Holanda, is number 11, Robben.  It was awesome.

Thursday and Saturday this week, it rained a bunch, and the power went out, so we had to go back to the apartment.  Saturday, we were in divisions (I was with Hermana Marley!!).  Hermana Marley had an umbrella, but it was raining so hard, it didn't make much of a difference.  Plus, at one point, I crossed the street, but Hermana Marley did not, so I was left without an umbrella.  I became rather soaked, and I loved it. :)  I started singing on the other side of the street, waiting for her.  I made it through "Singing in the Rain" and was halfway through "Raindrops keep falling on my Head" when she made it to the other side. We saw someone with her daughter under a tree, hugging each other to try and stay warm as they waited for the bus.  We went over to them and offered to share our umbrella with them as we waited for the bus.  When we first asked them, the look of surprise and shock on her face left me wanting to laugh and cry at the same time.  Laugh because of her shock, cry because she was shocked that someone would be so nice.

Sunday was a day of miracles.  We were able to meet wonderful new people, a member joined us to visit people, we had ward council, and I got to play the piano in church!!  That is always one of my favorite parts of Sunday.

This week we received the Liahona from May, and I am thoroughly enjoying reading the General Conference talks in English!  It is always lovely to read them and understand what they were really saying in General Conference.  My Spanish has improved drastically, but reading in English is still easier to understand. :)

Well, I'm not sure what else to write, but I love you all bunches and bunches!!

LOVE,
Hermana Grondel :)

P.S., Sorry I haven't sent photos in a while, the computers I have been using have not permitted me to upload photos.  Hopefully in the future!!

No comments:

Post a Comment