Monday, July 7, 2014

July 7

Well, here we are in July, and I can hardly believe it!

Tuesday was a lovely day.  We had interviews with President Dester, and he gave me some ideas to help our area, so that was wonderful.  Also, in the morning, we talked about faith.  Our district leader talked about the miracles in the Book of Mormon, that they can be our miracles.  If we have faith as they do, if we work as they did, we will see the hand of the Lord in all that we do.  See Ether 12.

Wednesday was a day of miracles.  We worked hard and saw the hand of the Lord in our work. We put all our faith and trust in the Lord, and I felt like I was the missionary I want to be.  Almost nothing we had planned for happened, but we saw so much good, and I know it was the plan of the Lord.

Then, Thursday until Sunday morning were less than wonderful.  To be completely honest, I was very discouraged and felt as though nothing was happening as it should.  But the Lord was SO good to us on Sunday.  Sitting there during the Sacrament, I could feel the power of the Atonement rejuvenating my soul.  I felt at peace and content.  We had an incredible afternoon, and we went to bed happy.

I often think about how little time I have left here in the mission.  I hope to use each and every moment as I should, and truly, I stress myself out sometimes thinking about my faults.  I am not perfect.  Not even close.  There is so much I lack.  But the beauty of this gospel is I am not asked to do it alone.  I am working in the vineyard with the Lord.  And His grace is sufficient to make up for all that I lack, if I give all I can.  One of my friends serving a mission said this week, "The first weeks here were really rough, but we put our noses to the grindstone and dug our roots deep, being obedient, working hard, doing our best, and above all, trusting in the Lord, His timing, and His eternal purposes, holding fast to the hope that miracles were just around the corner... and they were. I love turning those corners!"

I love turning those corners as well. Pues, " let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed." - D&C 123:17

I love you all.  I so deeply appreciate all your prayers and thoughts and love for me.

LOVE,
Hermana Grondel

No comments:

Post a Comment