Monday, July 28, 2014

Wow.  This week.  I think it was one of the craziest weeks of my mission.  We were all over the place helping with doctor's appointments while still trying to teach our investigators. 

Tuesday, another elder had to come into San Pedro to be hospitalized due to a bad case of Dengue.  I sat with his companion as my companion and elder Roberts talked with the doctors.  This elder was actually one of the elders that was in el CCM with me and entered the mission with me, but upon arriving, he had to go home to take care of some previous mistakes he had made in his life.  Well, now he's back in the mission.  Anyways, we were talking about el CCM and he mentioned one of the sisters who had thrown-up upon arriving at the airport due to motion sickness.  I said something like, "How horrible that you remember her as the girl that threw-up!"  To which he replied, "Well, everyone from my district remembers me as the elder that had to go home".  I didn't know how to respond, so I simply said, "I'm sorry."  "No, that's okay. I'm clean now," he said, with a smile on his face.  I'm clean now.  Those words made such an impact on me.  Yes, he made a mistake.  Yes, he had to go home.  Yes, I imagine he suffered humiliation and felt like an outsider many times.  But now he is clean.  And that is all that matters to him.

Friday, Hermana Robles had a Nurses Video Conference - Level Centro America.  It was pretty sweet!  It was with about 6 other areas plus el CCM en Guatemala, and we learned much about health concerns and ideas. Then we got to go out to lunch with Sister Dester, Sister Klein (east mission president's wife), and Sister Bennet (nurse of the east mission). yum!

Saturday, we were also blessed with a baptism!!  It was of a young man named Nefi (Nephi en español).  His mom is a member, but was inactive when he turned 8, and when she became active again, he didn't want anything to do with the church.  But now, he is a member, and he is utterly and completely happy.  We felt so blessed to be a part of his progress.

Sunday was a bit of a crazy day.  We had gotten up and gotten ready early, but when we passed for our investigators' houses, they were not exactly ready...so we got to church late...and happened to see Presidente y Hermana Dester sitting there...and then I had to rush to make it to the piano to play the sacrament hymn...and in the last hymn, the piano DIED.  So I just started singing with everyone else, hahaha.

I am so very grateful for this opportunity I have to live so many adventures and share this gospel.  I love this mission so much, and I don't like thinking about how quickly time is passing.  There is nothing I have lived in my life so frustrating, difficult, trying, gratifying, lovely, exciting, and joyful as serving the Lord here in Honduras. 

Thank you for all your love, prayers, and letters.

LOVE,
Hermana Grondel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment