Monday, October 13, 2014

Wow.  Just wow.  I love the mission.  I love this life.  I love the Lord.  I love the chance I have to serve.  I cannot explain how much love I feel right now!

This week has been amazing.  Beyond words.  I feel like that's been happening a lot in this mission.  I cannot express the love I feel, and I stand all amazed at the love that is given to me here.  I don't ever want to leave! 

We spent some time in the hospital this week, and we had the chance to spend some time with Hermana Dester.  She had been out of the country for a short time because her mother passed away, but now she is back.  I am so very happy to have her back with us again.  I missed her dearly.  We got to spend all morning with her in one of the hospitals with 12 other missionaries on Wednesday (that was pretty crazy, especially in a very small waiting room. :) ) She even took us out to lunch.  She is such a peach!

Saturday, we had the privilege of seeing Consuelo, Ernesto's mom get baptized on Saturday.  Oh, happy day!  It has been absolutely incredible to see the changes she has made in her life to be able to be baptized. She is such a wonderful person.  I think I saw more ward members at her baptism than at any other. WOW.  It made her feel SO special, and the friendships she has made with ward members have strengthed her testimony so much.  :)

This Sunday was one of my favorite Sundays of my life.  The Spirit was SO strong, all day.  During Sacrament Meeting, Consuelo was confirmed a member of the church, and two babies were blessed.  They also had to bless more of the sacrament so there would be sufficient for everyone.  Though there was not much time left after that, the testimonies began.  So many people wanted to share their testimonies!  At one point, the bishop stood up and said that he felt that there were still some testimonies waiting to be shared. He said that the time was not important.  He wanted everyone who wanted to share to have the chance to bear their testimony.  And those testimonies were so powerful! I took the chance to share my testimony as well.  Oh, How I love this gospel!!  It was so special to watch Ernesto walk up to the pulpit to share his testimony. "Creo que esta es la iglesia verdadera", he said, "porque mi mamí ha cambiado tanto."  Hermana Robles and I were nearly in tears.

In Gospel Principles, we talked about the atonement.  How grateful I am for the atonement of Jesus Christ!  I am no where near perfect, but I know every day I can try a little harder to be a little better.  What great reason to rejoice!!!!

In Relief Society, we talked about praying in faith.   The testimonies shared were so incredible.  I know that God listens and answers our prayers.  At the end of the lesson, they gave a the sisters a chance to share their testimonies.  What surprise and joy we felt as we watched Consuelo walk up to share her testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel and the church. 

THE CHURCH IS SO TRUE!  I know it.  :)  And I am so happy.

I love you all so very much!  Recuerden los milagritos. :)

LOVE,
Hermana Grondel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment