Monday, October 6, 2014

 God speaks....
And He does it through His living prophets.

Wow, this weekend was so great!!  For me, the Saturday sessions of conference were especially inspiring.  How grateful I am for the chance to receive personal revelation.  This conference, I tried to prepare by thinking of questions and doubts I wanted answered, and It made the weekend so much more enjoyable.  Yay for living prophets!  I am always awed by how very perfect this gospel is. And it was even better being able to listen to the speakers in their native language.  Hermana Robles and I were overjoyed to listen to them speaking in Spanish. :)

The weekend was made even sweeter by Hermanito Ernesto, who got baptized on Friday.  This youngster has a burning testimony and has so many desires to follow Christ's example.  It has been a privilege to teach him and his mom. :)  How grateful I am for this gospel!  It has changed my life for the better, and it is so gratifying to see it change the lives of other people as well. :)

Friday was an incredible day.  We felt impressed to go to Stiby's in the morning, an area we normally only visit at night because the majority of investigators and less-actives that live there work all day.  But we decided to try it.  We also decided to try one less-active house that we had never been able to enter.  As we approached, we began talking with their neighbor (whom we found out is also less active) when Grisel, the sister we were trying to reach, came home.  Due to a crazy work schedule, she is normally in her house from 10a.m. to 1p.m. and doesn't come home until after we are leaving to go home.  During the lesson, I could feel so strongly that we had come especially for her.  She has not been doing so well, and she had been longing for the chance to feel part of the church again.  How grateful I am for the Spirit!

Today we just enjoyed our P-day -  we washed clothes, went grocery shopping, and Hermana Lopez (one of the sisters we live with) made some food from the Dominican Republic, her home.  OH man. It was SO good.  I think I just need to cook Latin food for the rest of my life and I'll be happy. :)

Well, I love you all bunches.  I know the Lord loves you too!!  Never forget that.

LOVE,
Hermana Grondel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment