Monday, September 29, 2014

What to write, what to write.

We are working with some awesome people right now.  I cannot believe I am so privileged to be here, helping people along the path to Christ.

This week, we had interviews with Presidente Dester.  How grateful I am for a mission president who is so Christlike.  His interviews are always the highlight of my week.  I learned a lot about compassion and selfless service.  Here in the mission, I have realized that at times I am a very selfish person.  What's in it for me?  What will I gain from this??  But the secret to happiness is to just forget all about yourself.  Slowly, but surely, I am trying to learn that.

I love this quote from the October Liahona: "It is so hard when sincere prayer about something you desire very much is not answered the way you want.  It is difficult to understand why your exercise of deep and sincere faith from an obedient life does not grant the desired result.  The Savior taught, 'Whatsoever ye ask the Father in my name it shall be given unto you, that is expedient for you.' [D&C 88:64; emphasis added.] At times it is difficult to recognize what is best or expedient for you over time. Your life will be easier when you accept that what God does in your life is for your eternal good." - Richard G. Scott

Things that have happened in my life and my mission many times have not been as I've hoped and prayed.  But they have taught me so much.  They have helped me to become a better person, the person God knows I can be.  I still have a loooooooooong way to go, but I feel as though I understand better how to get there.

This week, we tried to have a cake activity in the park in front of our house.  It worked out alright.  The cake was pretty stinkin' delicious, hahahaha.

We got to see a baptism of one of the ward member's son on Friday, and we brought some investigators as well.  They enjoyed it so much, that we are now planning for their baptisms.  How grateful I am for the hand of the Lord in this work. :)

Saturday, we had divisions, and I got to go with Hermana Marley again to work in their area.   I learned a lot about how to teach things simply, in such a manner that a child could understand them.  We also had the chance to see the General Women's meeting.  How lovely!!  I think one of my favorite hymns is "Let Zion in her Beauty Rise".

Yesterday, as we arrived home, we suspected something was up because the lights were turned off, but the door was open and one light in the other hermana's room was on.  As we were exploring, Hermana Robles was suddenly SOAKED.  Which caused us to defend ourselves...until we were all soaked and the floor as well.  It was great fun. :)

Well, this morning, as I went to open our bedroom door, I heard the strangest noise, like television static.  I tried to open the door, and it was a bit stuck.  I also noticed that the tiles on the floor were beginning to rise...and rise...and crack...and basically, our floor exploded. But just in our doorway, which makes it an adventure to enter and leave our room.  We have to be very careful where we step, hahaha.

Other than that, it's just wonderful missionary life!

I love you all so much!!

LOVE;
Hermana Grondel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment