Monday, September 8, 2014

Hoooooooooola!

This week was the week of Cambios, but Hermana Robles and I are staying together!!!  That means 3 transfers together!!  We are both very excited.  We also feel as though this is a wake-up call to go and do EVERYTHING we can with this last transfer together, because who knows what will happen in the next transfer!  I am so grateful for Hermana Robles.  We have so many adventures together, and she has grown to be one of my greatest friends and exampes.

As you may have noticed from my recent letters, these past couple of weeks have been a bit rough.  Honestly, I did not feel like myself.  This weekend, I couldn't take it anymore.  I don't want to go into much detail, but it was a really low point, both in my mission and my life.  The point of sharing this with you all is for the testimony I have gained of the power of the sacrament.  As we sat, waiting for the sacrament to be passed, I began pleading.  I wanted to feel like myself again.  I wanted to feel the desire and drive this work deserves.  I took the sacrament and continued pondering, hoping.  As the young men returned to their seats and I sat by my companion, I felt it.  I felt the difference.  I finally felt like myself again.  And yesterday was a day full of work and people and love.  And I am so happy. 

I missed that. Feeling happy.

I know that God lives. I know my Savior lives.  I know He loves me, that He knows me personally.  I know He never left my side as I have struggled in this life.  Every trial has been accompanied by a shower of tender mercies.  Por ejemplo, Saturday, we thought we weren't going to have lunch (the family wasn't home when we passed), but the guard of the neighborhood gave us a ton of corn and avocados out of the blue.  And then the family passed by and invited us to lunch.  But I knew that corn and those avocados were a message directly from Heaven, telling me that I am loved.  That I am not forgotten.  That it matters very much to my father above that I make it through this life.

Today, we went to the cathedral here in SPS.  It was lovely.  We also ate at McDonalds.  That was the first time in over a year that I've eaten there!  Funny Moment: We were all really full, and Hermana Marley didn't want to finish her fries, so she said (jokingly) "*gasp* what in the world is that?!" And Hermana Robles fell for it.  She looked behind her and started talking about how the cathedral was behind us while Hermana Marley dumped all her fries on her plate.  We were DYING! :)

I love you all so much.  Thank you for your love and prayers. :)

LOVE,
Hermana Grondel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment