Thursday, November 27, 2014

Wow, this week has FLOWN by!!  I have so little time, but I have so much to say!!

We are seeing some incredible progress out here in La Entrada, and I love it more and more every day. :)

Tuesday we went to Santa Luz, the ruralest part of our area, and were nearly attacked by more farm animals.  I just don't think they like me very much. :)

Wednesday, we received SO MANY baleadas.  I have never received so much food in one day here in Copan.  :)  We also made and sold donuts to help Hermana Merary y Hermano Walter.  In the afternoon, we received a phone call from the Migration Secretary of the mission.  "I've got good news and bad news", he told me.  "The bad news is you and your companion have to come to San Pedro tomorrow for your companion's residency.  The good news is Hermana Robles is going to be there as well."  Well, for me, both pieces of news were good news!!!  I was so happy to be back in San Pedro for a bit, and exceedingly ecstatic to see Hermana Robles again.  I kept pointing things out to my companion on the bus ride through SPS, and finally she said, "Pucha, we should just come to San Pedro!"  To say my current area and my last area are different is an understatement.  Seeing Hermana Robles again was beyond words.  We were both so happy to see one another.  We started talking and didn't stop.  When we had to go, both of us said, "but I haven't finished telling you everything yet!"  I am so grateful to have found such a wonderful friend in Hermana Robles.  A trip to Peru in the coming years is going to be a must. :)

While in San Pedro, we had so many awkward, funny moments.  Like when the guards wanted to search our bags.  "What do you have in there??"  "um....scriptures..."  I had completely forgotten to remove a large knife I had placed in my bag to make donuts the day before.  Fortunately, they let us pass without any problems.  Tender mercy!!  There were also too many men hitting on us.  Including a congressman #awkward

The bus ride back to Copan, however, was not so delightful.  We both were feeling rather carsick, though we made it to the house just in time to relieve ourselves.  Traveling on large buses for long periods of time more than once a day is not the best idea for Hermana Delgadillo and me, hahaha.

Friday, we had the chance to have divisions with the Sister Training Leaders.  I love them so very much.  I went with Hermana Lopez, who entered the field the same day as me!  It was an incredible day.  We worked hard all day and I felt the spirit so strong.  Hermana Lopez also extended a baptismal invitation a una familia super pilas, and they said YES!  I cannot believe it!  I am so grateful for this work. :)

Here is part of the letter I wrote to Pte. this week, which shares more of the miracles we've been seeing here:
Yesterday was a wonderful day as well. Pues, empiece con Sabado. o mas bien, Viernes. After our inventory and divisions, hna delgadillo and I had the chance to plan for Saturday, but Hermana Delgadillo wasn't feeling well, so we were trying to plan a bit quickly so she could rest. We didn't have any citas fijas after 5, so our planning was a bit eccentric. Well, Saturday evening, almost everything fell through. We decided to go to our very last plan we had made, a less active family in our area. We found la hermana at home, and began to share a thought with her. As we spoke, the spirit was so strong, and we felt impressed to promise her some specific blessings if she came to church the next day. Well, she came. With her husband. And their son. And about 4 other less active people we have been teaching. And some of our investigators. I was over the moon. :)

Also, in the District Conference last week, Presidente Dester stressed the importance and the sanctity of the Sacrament.  One of the things he mentioned we should do is arrive early to the chapel to be able to sit calmly, read the scriptures, and prepare ourselves for the meeting.  Well, as a missionary, getting to church on time, let alone early, has been a bit of a challenge.  Passing for investigators, less actives, or other things have often prevented us from getting there early.  But I decided that if that is what the Lord wants of us, as missionaries, we have to set the example.  We arrived early to church, and I began playing prelude music until the meeting began.  I felt a different spirit in the meeting, and I also felt a difference as I focused on the true purpose of the meeting, the sacrament.  I was able to receive personal revelation to know how to improve, something I'm sure I would have missed if I had been too preoccupied in other things.  It is now my goal to arrive early to church every week. :)

The Lord has been blessing us so much here, and I am so grateful to be able to serve here. :)

There are changes this week, and I think I am going to have a new companion when I write next week.  We'll see!!!

I love you all bunches and bunches!

Hermana Grondel :)

On the bus back to La Entrada last week

No comments:

Post a Comment