Monday, December 15, 2014

sooooo, I lost track of time, so this letter could be rather short!

This week, we had our Multi-Zona/Christmas party, and we went to SAN PEDRO SULA!!!!  It was so great.  I had a blast, and we learned lots too.  Hermana Robles was there as well!!  But it was to give all of us the flu shot - not so fun.  The day before, I found out there was going to be a small choir.  The day of, I found out I would be directing said choir.  THAT was an adventure!  But it turned out well.  We sang "O, Holy Night", pero en español.  I also got to direct everyone as we sang almost all of the Christmas hymns, just like last year.  It was great. :)

On the bus ride back, we realized it would be our only chance to have the whole zone together! (Zona Copán is HUGE) so we all introduced ourselves and had a talent show there on the bus!!  We spent the rest of the ride singing every Christmas song we could think of.

We had the chance the week to meet Carlos, who while we were contacting asked us how he could be baptized.  SAYETH WHAT?  He is now our golden investigator.  Each time we have taught him, he has been so open and accepting of our message, a rather refreshing reaction to our efforts.

Yesterday, I was calmly waiting for the announcements to finish to sit with my companion in the congregation after the sacrament. (I was on the stand playing the piano).  Well, to my surprise, as the first counselor read the speakers' names, I heard my name.  Um, what?  NO ONE had told me that I was going to be speaking.  So I just prayed and went up there and said what came to mind.  I ended up sharing Yolany's story and emphasized the need to do our visiting and Home teaching.  Afterward, various members told me how they enjoyed my message.  I just hope they apply it!!

OH, there is so much more to say, but ther is no more time.  I love you all, and I hope you have a wonderful week!!!

LOVE,
Hermana Grondel :)

The field is white, all ready to harvest



Trying to mentally prepare myself for this vaccine. :)


Christmas party with the missionaries del Dorado!

No comments:

Post a Comment